|Authority||District People’s Committee|
|Ingredients||* Documents to be presented
1. Passports or identity cards or citizen’s identities or other papers with photos and personal information issued by competent agencies, and valid for use to prove the identity of Vietnamese citizens.
2. Papers proving the place of residence for determination of competence in the period of The National Database on Population and The National E-civil Status Database have not been completed and implemented nationally (transition period).
* Documents to be submitted
1. Marriage registration declarations in the form and information of both men and women. Both men and women may jointly declare on a marriage registration declaration;
2. Certificates of competent medical organizations of Vietnam or abroad ceding that the married parties do not suffer from mental illness or other diseases without the ability to recognize or master their acts;
3. Papers proving that the foreigner’s marital status issued by a foreign competent authority is still valid, certifying that such person is currently unmarried; In case a foreign country does not grant a certificate of marital status, it shall be replaced with a document certifying that such person is eligible for marriage under the law of that country.
4. The use-value of papers proving the marital status of a foreigner is determined according to the time limit indicated on such papers. If the papers proving the marital status do not have an expiry date, this document and the certificate of the medical institution shall be valid for 6 months from the date of issue.
5. Foreigners, Vietnamese citizens residing overseas must submit a copy of their passport/valid papers instead of their passport or present the original passport/passport substitute in case of direct submission file.
6. Certificate of the marital status of Vietnamese citizens residing in the country (during the transition period).
* In addition to the above documents, depending on the case, the male and female parties must submit or present the following corresponding documents:
1. Vietnamese citizens who have divorced or canceled their marriages at foreign competent agencies must submit copies of civil rights excerpts on the illegal divorce or annual marriage books (Excerpts of divorce notes);
2. Vietnamese citizens who are civil servants or public employees or are serving in the armed forces must submit documents of the management agencies or units ceding that their marriage to foreigners does not comply with regulations of such branches;
3. In case the applicant for marriage registration is working, studying, or working for a definite period of time abroad, he/she must submit a certificate of marital status issued by the diplomatic or consular mission of Vietnam.
|Filing||The person requesting the marriage registration directly submits the dossier to the competent district-level People’s Committee (the male or female party may directly submit the dossier without the written authorization of the other party).|
|Duration||15 working days|
|Return results||Marriage certificate|
This is the article advising on “Marriage procedures with foreign elements” by Apra Law Firm. If you have any questions or concerns, please contact the hotline for further advice and support.
For more information, please contact:
APRA LAW FIRM
Address: 7th floor, No. 57 Tran Quoc Toan, Tran Hung Dao Ward, Hoan Kiem District, Hanoi, Vietnam.