|Authority||Commune/Ward People’s Committee|
|Ingredients||* Documents to be presented
1. Passports or identity cards or citizen’s identities or other papers with photos and personal information issued by competent agencies, and valid for use to prove the identity of the person requesting to register the marriage.
2. Papers proving the place of residence for determination of competence (in the period of The National Database on Population and The National E-civil Status Database have not been completed and implemented nationally).
3. Extract divorce notes in case Vietnamese citizens register for permanent residence in the commune where they carry out the marriage registration procedures and they have previously had their divorce settled at a foreign competent authority.
* Documents to be submitted
1. Marriage registration declarations in the form. Both male and female party may jointly declare on a marriage registration declaration;
2. An original copy of the marriage certificate issued by a competent commune-level People’s Committee in case the applicant for marriage registration does not register permanent residence in the commune performing marriage registration procedures (in the period of The National Database on Population and The National E-civil Status Database have not been completed and implemented consistently nationwide).
3. In case the applicant for marriage registration is working, studying, or working for a definite period of time abroad, he/she must submit a certificate of marital status issued by overseas diplomatic missions or consular missions of Vietnam.
|Filing||The applicant for marriage registration submits his/her application directly to a competent commune-level People’s Committee (A male or a female party can directly apply without the other party’s authorization).|
|Duration||Right on the day of receiving the dossier, if the application is received after 15 hours but cannot be resolved immediately, the result is returned within the following working day. In cases where it is necessary to verify the marriage conditions of both male and female parties, the time limit for settlement does not exceed 05 working days|
|Return results||Marriage certificate|
This is the article advising on “Procedures of marriage” by Apra Law Firm. If you have any questions or concerns, please contact the hotline for further advice and support.
For more information, please contact:
APRA LAW FIRM
Address: 7th floor, No. 57 Tran Quoc Toan, Tran Hung Dao Ward, Hoan Kiem District, Hanoi, Vietnam.